Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Change is coming...

I haven't been sleeping very well so I thought I would blog. So much has changed in the last week. I've turned 27 (yay me), I'm single again, and I'm starting a new job in the weeks to come. If you'd asked me when I was 10 where I thought I would be at 27, aside from saying "old", I probably would have said something about wanting to be a Dolphin training journalist doctor married with 2 kids and a dog. Okay so i was a bit over zealous in my dreaming but who could decide when there were so many cool things I could be! But hey, that's what life is, a process of elimination of the things we don't like and some of the things we do. Eventually you end up with some of your dreams still intact but slightly rearranged :o) I didn't go to medical school (the blood made me queasy). I did take a break from college but I learned the value of education and went back to get my AA and AAS and someday I'll get my BA. I realized that I can't sing that well...trust me on this one... and I'm not a piano virtuoso... definitely not. I did realize that I love people and being part of their lives. I love cameras and writing stories and laughing with my friends until my cheeks hurt. I've learned that there are good men out there but that things don't always work out even with the good ones. I've lived life so far and learned what I can. I'd like to think that I'm on the right track, wherever that track might lead. And these changes that are happening right now are okay. It's scary as hell and a little on the painful side but it just means that it'll be so much more worth it later on. I feel better getting a few things out of my head and onto virtual paper. I'm sure there will be another post tomorrow if there is time before my red eye to Virginia. Ciao for now.

~Z~

P.S. this is what i was listening to while I was blogging.

P.P.S. Thank you to my friends who threw me a wonderful impromptu birthday party that helped ease some of the changes in my life. Thanks B for saving me from my pity party of one and sorry about the snot shirt:oD Love ya!

2 comments:

Crystal Chick said...

ummm... hello?! why did i not know it was your birthday this week?!?!?!?!?!

Toot that horn! You only get one of those special days a year!

Happy Birthday!

Andrea Michelle said...

LOL sorry, I was having one of those crisis moments where I really didn't want to have a birthday and be 27 single and jobless :o) So i was pretending that if no one knew that it would make it go away :o) LOL didn't happen. Thanks Crystal! Talk to you soon!